Effective Date: January 01, 2021
- IBseven is solely and independently responsible for its own privacy practices. No Member is responsible for IBseven’s privacy practices.
- Each Member is solely and independently responsible for its own privacy practices. No Member is responsible for another Member’s privacy practices. Also, IBseven is not responsible for any Member’s privacy practices.
- Information that IBseven collects from you (including Personal Information)
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies on the IBseven Site
- How your information is used
- How your information is shared
- How to manage your Personal Information
- Storage & Security
- Contact information
INFORMATION THAT IBSEVEN COLLECTS FROM YOU (INCLUDING PERSONAL INFORMATION)
IBseven directly collects information when you:
- sign up for an IBseven user account and create an IBseven user profile;
- enroll and participate in online courses;
- purchase a product or service (for example, Verified Certificates);
- send email messages to IBseven (including messages to learner support);
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- News letter subscription
- participate in user surveys; and
- participate in public forums, webinars, and other interactive experiences on the IBseven Site.
IBseven also indirectly collects usage information about your visit to the IBseven Site, as explained in the section below titled Cookies and Tracking Technologies.
IBseven does not itself collect or store financial account numbers or identification issued by a governmental entity, employer, or other authority. Instead, if you choose to make a purchase on the IBseven Site, for example a Verified Certificate, you will be directed to IBseven’s third-party payment processor and IBseven’s third-party ID verification service provider. If you do not wish to submit the required authentication or payment information, then you will not be able to obtain a certificate via the IBseven Site.
IBseven requires your Personal Information limited circumstances when you:
- sign up for an IBseven user account (name, username, email address);
- purchase a Verified Certificate (so that IBseven’s third-party vendor can authenticate your identity) or other product or service (so that IBseven’s third-party vendor can process payment);
- participate in remote proctoring or other course facilitation processes (so that IBseven’s third-party vendor can monitor and assess the integrity of your course activity); or
- earn a Verified Certificate (the certificate will have your name on it).
To the extent that IBseven associates the information that IBseven collects directly or indirectly with an individual (for example, you), the association is based on Personal Information in your account profile.
You may voluntarily choose to share additional Personal Information on the IBseven Site, for example:
- in your IBseven account profile (and you may display a limited or full profile to other IBseven Site users);
- in applying for financial assistance; or
- when participating in a course, forum, webinar, or other interactive experience on the IBseven Site (noting that in some cases, this information is shared with a third party that provides tools or other assistance for the IBseven Site or a course).
IBseven encourages you to use discretion before voluntarily sharing additional Personal Information on the IBseven Site. (If you later choose to delete your IBseven account, deletion of your Personal Information will be subject to the process and limits outlined below.)
Members do not receive your Personal Information unless and until you enroll in a course. If you enroll in a course, the Member that offers the course will receive Personal Information from your IBseven account profile plus the information that IBseven collects about your activity and performance in the course in which you enrolled.
Cookies And Tracking Technologies on the IBseven Site
- based on your cookie settings, IBseven tracks information indicating, among other things, which pages of the IBseven Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks and other user interface controls were used;
- IBseven may log the IP address, operating system, and browser software (including mobile use and device type when you use IBseven native mobile apps) you used when accessing the IBseven Site, and IBseven may be able to determine from an IP address your Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of your point of connectivity; and
- IBseven may track and collect information from emails that IBseven sends to you, for example whether you opened the email or clicked on any links from the email.
IBseven also partners with third parties to help us track and understand your activity on the IBseven Site, how you interact with IBseven’s social media, and how you find or may be referred to the IBseven Site. Individual Members may separately use Tracking Technologies within their courses and email communications to understand your activity within a course and how you find or may be referred to a course on the IBseven Site.
- when necessary for system administration, security, and integrity to ensure the IBseven Site works properly for you. Without these technologies, the IBseven Site may not function correctly;
- to enable analytics, performance and functionality, to help IBseven and Members gather information about how visitors use the IBseven Site and monitor IBseven Site performance, and to enhance your experience by recognizing and remembering whether you have visited the IBseven Site before and may have any personal preferences; and
- to support marketing by enabling IBseven and Members to deliver content relevant to your interests on the IBseven Site and third-party sites based on how you interact with IBseven or Member advertisements or content. IBseven and Members use “first-party” cookies, which means cookies served by IBseven or an individual Member, and also “third-party” cookies, which means cookies served by third parties that help IBseven and Members track this information.
You have some options for managing Cookies and other Tracking Technologies. These include:
- Modifying your browser settings: You should be able to control how and whether your web browser accepts Cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new Cookies, how to receive notification of new Cookies, and how to disable existing Cookies. If you reject IBseven’s Cookies, many functions and conveniences of the IBseven Site may not work properly.
- Opting-out of certain third-party tracking and advertising: Some of the third parties used by IBseven or a Member for Cookies and Tracking Technologies offer the ability to opt-out from their tracking by following processes described on their websites. A list of some such third parties is maintained and available at the IBseven learner Help Center and includes, for some, links to applicable opt-out processes. Neither IBseven nor any Member is responsible for the effectiveness of any third-party opt-out options.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us: 0664 1562 511
Or write to us at: E 55 Street, EH 15 Chicago 60615 Illinois
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
IBseven and Members use information, including Personal Information, to carry out the following purposes:
- Operate and improve the IBseven Site – This includes creating and improving features that support the IBseven community and enable IBseven Site usage at scale. This also includes personalizing the IBseven Site, so your learning experience is tailored to your interests and needs.
- Create, administer, provide, and teach courses – This includes creating and improving the delivery of massive open online courses and programs on IBseven. This also includes personalizing courses, so your learning experience is tailored to your interests and needs, and assessing your performance and awarding certificates.
- Offer and improve products and services – This includes enabling you to navigate the IBseven Site, to enroll and participate in courses and programs on the IBseven Site, to learn effectively in such courses and programs, and to purchase or obtain products and services on the IBseven Site such as Verified Certificates.
- Develop and maintain the security and performance of the IBseven Site – This includes tracking IBseven Site outages and creating software solutions, detecting violations of the Honor Code and Terms of Service, and monitoring uses, misuses, and potential misuses of the IBseven Site.
- Communicate with you – This includes answering your course and platform questions, notifying you of course and IBseven Site maintenance and updates, marketing to you about course offerings, programs, news, and related products and services of IBseven or IBseven affiliates, and as permitted under applicable law, sending you communications about products or services of selected business partners that may be of interest to you.
- Support scientific research including, for example, in the areas of cognitive science and education – This includes collaborating to enable and conduct research about how learners access and master course materials online, with the goal of improving course outcomes.
- Track IBseven Site usage against goals and mission – This includes performing analytics to evaluate access to and performance in courses and course-related products and services and to report aggregate usage information (not Personal Information) to business partners and external audiences.
- Exercise, enforce, and comply with legal rights and obligations – This includes responding to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; and investigating, preventing, or taking action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of IBseven, Members, or others, and as otherwise required by applicable law.
IBseven or a Member may also seek your consent for additional uses of information, including Personal Information, and will use it only for the purpose described to you. All use of Personal Information is subject to applicable law.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SHARED
IBseven and Members share information, including Personal Information, with third parties for the following purposes:
- With other learners in courses that you take and with other visitors to the IBseven Site, to create an interactive learning environment, support class participation, and share course information – This includes sharing comments, coursework, or other information or content that you submit to a portion of the IBseven Site designed for viewing by other class members or for public communication. This also includes providing opportunities for you to communicate with other users who may have similar interests or educational goals, for instance, recommending specific study partners or connecting potential student mentees and mentors. In such cases, IBseven and each Member that offers a course in which you enrolled may use all information collected about you to determine who might be interested in communicating with you, but will only provide others your username (for clarity, no disclosure of your real name or email address).
- With employers, government programs, institutions, or other enterprises that sponsor your enrollment in a course for training or other educational purposes – If an entity pays for or otherwise sponsors your Verified Certificate or course participation, IBseven will share information with the entity as needed to confirm your enrollment, participation, progress, and completion status in that course.
IBseven or a Member may also seek your consent for additional disclosures of information, including Personal Information, and will share it only as described to you. In addition, IBseven or a Member may share with the public and with third parties, including but not limited to researchers and business partners, information and Personal Information that is de-identified or aggregated in a manner that does not personally identify you.
HOW TO MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can manage your Personal Information through learner features on the IBseven Site and requests to the IBseven learner support team. If your request involves information controlled by a Member, IBseven learner support will notify and coordinate with the appropriate Member to address your request. IBseven will provide support to the extent required by applicable law (for example, learners in the European Union) and more broadly when possible, as a courtesy in our sole discretion. IBseven will notify you in the event that IBseven is unable to meet a request that is not legally required. Similarly, Members will only be obligated to comply with requests to the extent legally required, but may choose to comply with other requests in their sole discretion.
Access and correct your Personal Information
Much of your Personal Information is available in your IBseven account. Your name, email address, and other identifiable profile information is editable through the profile settings in your IBseven account except as noted below. Your account dashboard lists all current and archived courses in which you have enrolled and includes links to any Verified Certificates you may have earned. The dashboard also contains copies of your answers and other participation and performance in courses. Please contact IBseven learner support to access and update this or other information. If your request involves information controlled by a Member, IBseven learner support will notify the appropriate Member of your request.
- Usernames cannot ever be changed. This is an IBseven system restriction. Because usernames identify you in courses and elsewhere on the IBseven Site, IBseven encourages you to use discretion in choosing your username. If you want to protect your identity, do not use your real name or a name identifiable to you as your username.
- IBseven does not track or index every time or every place on the IBseven Site when or where a learner may volunteer Personal Information, so neither IBseven nor Members will be able to help you locate or manage all such instances. IBseven encourages you to use discretion before volunteering Personal Information on the IBseven Site.
Restrict or object to the processing of Personal Information
If you want to manage emails and other communications to you, you may update your preferences in your IBseven account dashboard, follow the steps described in links at the bottom of email messages, or contact IBseven learner support. You may object to, or request that IBseven or a Member stop, its use of your Personal Information for other purposes by contacting the IBseven learner support team. If your request involves information controlled by a Member, IBseven learner support will notify the appropriate Member of your request. Please note that if you choose to restrict IBseven’s or a Member’s ability to process Personal Information, and the processing is otherwise required to provide you with various services and products offered on the IBseven Site, you may not be able to establish an IBseven user account or enroll for a course, and IBseven or a Member may not be able to provide you with those services or products.
Delete account and Personal Information
To request deletion of your IBseven account and Personal Information, you should click the button labeled “Delete my account” in your IBseven account settings. Because deletion on the IBseven system is a permanent action and cannot be reversed, IBseven may ask you to complete a process that aims to confirm your authority to manage the IBseven account affected by your request.
With respect to your IBseven account, IBseven will permanently:
- deactivate your IBseven account,
- remove the active profile,
- retire your username, and
- remove you from IBseven email lists.
With respect to your Personal Information, IBseven will permanently delete your IBseven account profile Personal Information from the IBseven Site.
As noted above, to the extent that IBseven associates the information that IBseven collects directly or indirectly with an individual (for example, you), the association is based on Personal Information in your IBseven account profile. By erasing the Personal Information in your IBseven account profile, the remaining information about your activity on the IBseven Site will no longer be associated with you, except as noted below.
These changes will be applied to data stores that are used for operation of the IBseven Site including course administration by Members. If you enrolled in any courses on the IBseven Site, the IBseven learner support team will share your request with the Members that offered those courses.
- Deletion will not apply to historical activity logs or archives unless and until these logs and data naturally “age-off” the IBseven system.
- IBseven does not track or index every time or every place on the IBseven Site when or where a learner may volunteer Personal Information, so neither IBseven nor Members will be able to help you locate or manage all such instances. IBseven encourages you to use discretion before voluntarily sharing your Personal Information on the IBseven Site.
- IBseven will archive course data (in a manner and to the extent permitted under applicable law) to serve its mission to enable scientific research on cognitive science and education. These archives are used to produce encrypted research data packages for Members, and Personal Information may not be deleted from research data packages retained by Members.
- IBseven and each applicable Member cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, records relating to previous purchases on the IBseven Site must be retained for financial reporting, audit, and compliance reasons.
- IBseven and each Member will retain and use Personal Information as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce its agreements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
IBseven will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services; to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting, audit, and compliance purposes; and to comply with IBseven’s legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce its agreements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you enroll in a Member’s course, such Member will also retain your Personal Information for as long as needed to provide you with services; to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting, audit, and compliance purposes; and to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce its agreements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law. Upon your request that IBseven deactivate your account and delete your information, IBseven will follow the process described above, including without limitation archiving your course data (in a manner and to the extent permitted under applicable law) to serve its mission to enable scientific research on cognitive science and education. These archives will be used to produce encrypted research data packages for Members, and each such Member may also keep and use course data for scientific research.
STORAGE & SECURITY
IBseven stores information, including Personal Information, on its own servers and also on servers of companies that IBseven hires to provide services. Each Member also stores information, including Personal Information, on its own servers and/or on servers of companies that the Member hires to provide services. In each case, information may be stored in the United States and in other countries where IBseven or a Member operates, and in countries where IBseven and each Member’s respective service providers operate. If you are in the European Union, Switzerland, or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, you acknowledge that IBseven and each Member may transfer, process and store your personal information in the United States and other countries, the privacy laws of which may be considered less strict than those of your region.
IBseven controls its own copy of information collected through the IBseven Site and has an information security program designed to protect information in its possession or control. This is done through a variety of privacy and security policies, processes, and procedures. IBseven uses administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the information that it collects, receives, stores, or transmits. Nonetheless, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure; and therefore, IBseven cannot guarantee its absolute security. While IBseven works hard to ensure the integrity and security of its network and systems, IBseven cannot guarantee that its security measures will prevent “hackers” or other unauthorized persons from illegally accessing or obtaining information.
If IBseven learns of a security breach involving its copy of your Personal Information, IBseven may attempt to notify you electronically so that you may take appropriate protective steps. By using the IBseven Site or providing Personal Information to IBseven, you agree that IBseven can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the IBseven Site. If a security systems breach occurs, IBseven may post a notice on the IBseven homepage (www.ibseven.com) or elsewhere on the IBseven Site and may send an email to you at the email address associated with your IBseven account. Depending on where you are located, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach, involving your Personal Information, in writing.
If a Member learns of a security breach involving that Member’s copy of your Personal Information, the Member may attempt to notify you electronically so that you may take appropriate protective steps. By enrolling in a Member’s course on the IBseven Site or providing Personal Information to the Member, you agree that the Member can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your course enrollment and participation. If a security systems breach occurs, the affected Member may post a notice on the IBseven site and/or send an email to you at the email address associated with your enrollment in the Member’s course on the IBseven Site. Depending on where you are located, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach, involving your Personal Information, in writing.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: 0664 1562 511
Or write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have privacy concerns, have disclosed data you would prefer to keep private, or would like to access the Personal Information that IBseven maintains about you, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also write to us at: ATTN: PRIVACY, AE 55 Street, EH 15 Chicago 60615 Illinois. If your request involves a Member, IBseven will notify the appropriate Member of your request.
Cookies are unique identifiers usually in the form of small data files placed on your device that send certain information about your activity on the IBseven Site or in an email communication back to IBseven or the authorized third party that served the cookie. IBseven or third parties may also use Flash cookies.
IBseven Site consists of all content and pages located within the ibseven.com web domain and all IBseven mobile applications.
Member is each educational institution or other leading global institution or entity that provides courses through the IBseven Site.
Personal Information is information that specifically identifies you or that, when combined with other information, could be used to identify you.
Tracking Technologies are web beacons, clear gifs, pixels, and similar technologies that are also unique identifiers used to track your online activity but are not stored on your device.
Verified Certificate is a virtual certificate that shows that you have successfully completed your IBseven course or program and verified your identity using your webcam and your acceptable form of photo ID.