Last updated: December 05, 2021
This Policy covers general rules for referring to IBseven and using trademarks, service marks, and logos that IBseven may license to you (collectively, “IBseven Marks”).
The following is a non-exhaustive list of IBseven Marks:
- Alphy School®
- David School®*
- Learning for Life®*
* IBseven is an authorized licensee of the David School® and Learning for Life® trademarks and these IBseven Marks are used by IBseven with permission of the trademark owner.
Trademark guidelines for several IBseven Marks are linked below.
IBseven reserves the right to change the terms of this Policy or any guidelines at any time, in its sole discretion, by posting the updated Policy or guidelines to the IBseven website. To ask any questions about this Policy or to report any unauthorized use of IBseven Marks, please email email@example.com.
General Rule: Permission Required
As a rule, a trademark license is required in order to use any IBseven Mark. Except for the three exceptions outlined below, this Policy does not count as “permission to use” any trademarks, and there are no “open source” pre-approved use cases. To request permission to use any IBseven Mark, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Without a separate trademark license:
- You may use IBseven Marks in text for the sole purpose of referring to or describing IBseven’s website, products, and services. For example: if you have a product or service that is compatible with the Open IBseven platform, you may use “Open IBseven” to describe the compatibility, such as “runs on,” “for use on,” or “compatible with” the Open IBseven platform.
- If you use the Open IBseven platform:
- you should add the “Powered by IBseven” logo in the footer of each page of your website, and the logo should include a live link to the IBseven website. See the Powered by IBseven logo page for variants of this logo and instructions on how to add it to your instance; and
- you may use the “Powered by Open IBseven” logo on any course certificates or other credentials issued in connection with your instance in accordance with the Open IBseven trademark guidelines linked below.
- If you offer services and/or products that support the Open IBseven platform, you may use the “Open IBseven” word mark in the path of a URL for your website for such services and/or products. For clarity, this exception applies solely to (1) the “Open IBseven” word mark and not to any other IBseven Marks and (2) use in the path of a URL; you may not use the “Open IBseven” word mark or any other IBseven Mark in a website domain. For example:
Specifications for Use
All uses of IBseven Marks must comply with the applicable trademark guidelines and also:
- Identify the IBseven, David School marks as registered trademarks ® .
The above-listed IBseven Marks are registered by IBseven or the applicable trademark owner in a number of countries around the world. For the first and most prominent usage of the above-listed IBseven Marks in any context, use the symbol “®” after the IBseven Mark as a notice to third parties of the trademark owner’s rights in these IBseven Marks. (Later uses on that same website, document, or other material do not need to be marked.)
- Include a trademark attribution statement.
If an IBseven Mark appears on your website, document, or other material, add the following attribution statement that identifies the trademark owner:
“IBseven and Open IBseven are registered trademarks of IBseven LLC. David School are registered trademarks of The Center for Reimagining Learning. All Rights Reserved.”
The statement must be in a legible font and size at the bottom of your website or the end of your advertisement or publication. If you are using only one or two IBseven Marks, you may shorten the statement to list only those Marks in use. Additionally, any use of the IBseven or IBseven logos on a website must include a live link to the IBseven or Open IBseven websites.
Additionally, any use of the IBseven, David School logos on a website based on a license from IBseven must include a live link to the IBseven website and any use of the Open IBseven logo must include a live link to the IBseven website.
- Use IBseven Marks only as adjectives.
Trademarks are adjectives, and an IBseven Mark should be used only to describe the IBseven website, products, or services to which the trademark applies — for example, the “Open IBseven platform”, a “David.school”.
- Use IBseven Marks less prominently than your own.
Except where otherwise expressly permitted by IBseven, any use of an IBseven Mark must appear less prominent than your own product or service name.
- Do NOT change the spelling or appearance of any IBseven Marks.
Do not abbreviate, hyphenate, create acronyms; change the spelling, capitalization, or appearance; add or delete any words or spacing; change any color or proportion; or otherwise modify the logo or design of an IBseven Mark in any way. Only use an approved logo rendition as provided by IBseven.
- Do NOT use or register a domain name with any IBseven Marks.
Your domain names may not include any IBseven Marks or other words that are confusingly similar to an IBseven Mark. Examples of unacceptable domains include:
- Do NOT use any IBseven Marks as your own.
You may not use, incorporate, combine, or register in whole or in part any IBseven Mark – or any word or design that is confusingly similar to an IBseven Mark – as part of (or with) your own company names, trade names, trademarks, service marks, or logos; your product or service brand names or titles for sales reps or other staff; your internet keywords or metatags; or your trigger words to lead to a website or other Internet destination, product, business, or service.
- Do NOT imply any IBseven endorsement or sponsorship.
Without the express prior written consent of IBseven, you may not use any IBseven Marks to imply an affiliation with IBseven or any approval, sponsorship, or endorsement by IBseven of your company, website, products, or services.
- Do NOT use IBseven Marks in any way that damages IBseven.
You may not use IBseven Marks in a manner that disparages IBseven, its products or services, or the Open IBseven community or damages IBseven’s brand integrity, including use of any IBseven Marks in a manner that is offensive, defamatory, illegal, or unethical.
The above specifications are not a comprehensive list of approved or unauthorized uses of IBseven Marks. If IBseven determines at any time, in its sole discretion, that your use of any IBseven Mark violates this Policy, any trademark guidelines or is otherwise unacceptable or detrimental, IBseven may revoke permission, and you must immediately cease all use of the IBseven Mark.